Memorable moment at KPTM Ipoh.

    A memorable moment that I can treasure in my life during my time studying at KPTM Ipoh was probably making one of my first visual novel games. The game was a final project for my Game Design Principle class. My group members and I decided to make a romance and horror genre for our game. We decided to name our visual novel "The Hidden Truth". 

    Since our batch could not head to campus to study due to the pandemic outbreak, we actually did not have a lot of memorable moments together. However, that did not stop us from having a good relationship together as classmates. We used a platform called "Discord" to communicate with each other. We played games together, hung out together, and did our assignments and projects together. Through these activities, we slowly got to know each other better day by day and finally, our bond grew strong.

    When we decided on the game's plan, I was very excited because it was my first experience actually making a genuine game for the first time. We then split the tasks that need to be done among us. Haikal was given the task of writing the script for our game, Danny did the visual character, background and intro video for the game, and I did most of the programming so that it all fitted well together and the game functioned properly as we desired.

    It took us about a month or so to finish the game. It was a struggle to make the game function well. At least it was for me. Apart from the sources that I obtained from the lecturer, I also needed to do my own research in order for me to obtain extra materials for my project. 

    After a lot of effort was put in, it ended well. The game turned out perfectly as we wanted it to function. The lecturer was satisfied with our work and awarded us with an A for his subject . We were happy with our results it was done successfully as a team. Bravo!




Comments

Popular Posts