My Favorite Person
According to the dictionary, the definition of a favorite person is a person who is especially loved, trusted, or provided with favors by someone. The person who I considered my favorite person is probably my late grandmother. The reason why I chose my grandmother is that she had raised me and my siblings tirelessly along with my mother.
My grandmother was the kindest and sweetest person I have known. Everything she had done was for our family's needs. Selflessness is what made her loveable to all the people that surrounded her. She spoon-fed me when I was an infant, console me when I am upset, cooked our meals every day, took care of us when my mother went to work, listened to my ridiculous history explanations, watched animals documentary together, and other countless kindnesses she had provided for our family. Everything she did, she did it with pure love and kindness. We would not be where we are now if it were not for her sacrifices.
Sadly, on the fifth of February 2022, her death took us by surprise. She had caught the Covid-19 virus 2-3 weeks before. Our family had given our best to give her the medical attention that she required. Agonizingly, the virus had infected most of her lungs. She had trouble breathing and went unconscious. We cannot even visit her at the hospital due to protocol. Luckily, a cousin of mine is a doctor. So, we got to see her using video calls. I was in anguish to witness her last moments through a phone screen. I can not even see or kiss her before she was buried. It was a sorrowful morning.
Even on her last day she still managed to spread kindness to us. She is my hero, my love, my person to cry to. She will forever be missed and loved. May she be granted peace till the end of time. The departure of loved ones shall not drag us down for every death and life has a meaning. Fate could not be rewritten and life must go on. In the end, every life faces death even when we least suspect it. Thus, be grateful for every minute of our life. Spread kindness, and love while we still have time.





Comments
Post a Comment